|ACPC Home||Contacts||Meetings & News||Bulletin (pdf)||Christ Church||St Bees'||St Albans||St James||Men's Choir||Northumbria Region||Service Times||Links||Lay Reader Resources||ACPC Google Calendar|
Last updated July 13, 2010
Lay Readers Prayer:
who by your Son, Jesus Christ,
did call men and women and send them forth to witness for You,
Bless, we beseech You, the Lay Readers Association of this Diocese.
Grant that we, ever walking in the footsteps of Your Son
and being endowed with power from on High,
may serve You and Your Church
to the salvation and edification of many souls,
through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen
1. Online Sermon Resources
2. Lay Readers' Handbook,
3. Prayers of the People Handbook
4. Tying the Cincture
5. Diocesan Lay Readers Website
6. Revised Common Lectionary
7. Notes on leading Morning Prayer (BAS) created by Julie Wynands for her own use and kindly shared with the Lay Readers of ACPC (password protected)- Contact Dave Harrison for the password.
8. Make Preparation: Liturgy Planning Notes by Paul Gibson
9. Biblical Pronunciations
10. Servers and Services by Rev'd Aidan Kingsbury, shared with permission
11. Prayers of the People (MSWord templates) Julie Wynands version used at Christ Church; Dave Harrison's version (based on Julie's version)
(You will need MSWord 2007 and up to make use of these templates- fill in the blanks and save as......).
Every week many worship planners spend hours on their computers, researching and formatting liturgical texts for bulletins and screens. To support and facilitate this work, the Anglican Church of Canada's General Synod is now releasing its primary worship texts for free download.
The following texts can now be downloaded as PDFs:
Selected liturgies are also available in French.The Copyright and Use webpage explains that "texts may be used free of charge by all dioceses, parishes, religious orders, theological colleges, and other entities within the Anglican Church of Canada." The sources of texts must be acknowledged, and commercial use is forbidden. Before using the material, individuals must read the full license agreement